Recommendations for the design of Sci-Fi works
Sci-fi work - sci-fi story, essay, reportage, journalism, etc. should be presented to the Competition in one of a specific direction.
Page settings - A4 format, portrait orientation. The fields are standard. Font - TimesNewRoman, font size - 12, 13, 14 point, alignment - in width, line spacing - 1.5, paragraph indent - 1.25 cm.
The volume of work must be at least 5000 and not more than 36000 printed characters, Times New Roman font, including spaces, larger works will not be accepted.
The work can be in English, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Russian or French. Important: entries from countries where one of these languages is official will only be accepted in the official language of their country. Participants from countries where these languages are not official, choose one of them to choose from.
Illustrative materials in aggregate can be no more than 3 sheets of A4 format, if the volume is exceeded, it is recommended that illustrative materials be placed in a separate application.
At the request of the author, materials are accepted in the form of including video, animation, flash presentations, slide shows, infographics, any other genres and formats for visualizing scientific work, the volume of which cannot exceed 25 MB. If this volume is exceeded, it is recommended to move the visualization materials of the scientific work into a separate application using the Internet link.
It is desirable that the Sci-fi work includes the following sections:
— title page, which indicates only the title of the work (without specifying information about the author and the place of study or work);
— the introductory part — the preface, the address of the author, from the author, prologue, etc., in which the author addresses the reader, reports a few words about himself and what goals were set when writing the work, describes the history of its creation and some peculiarities, which he encountered during his work, stresses the reaction he expects from readers;
— the main part is the text of the work itself — an essay written in the science fiction genre about the future of the planet and humanity at the turn of the year 2100. Purely realistic works, without a science fiction component, will not be accepted.
— the final part — afterword, epilogue, postscript, etc. — to the discretion of the author, in which brief conclusions are presented, or his own vision of the work and the idea of the science fiction themes and aspects covered in it, additions which, in the author’s opinion, cannot be included in the main part of the work.
— a list of sources used, substantiating the scientific explanation of the fantasy events, phenomena and processes presented in the work.
Works submitted to the competition must be original. You may include references or quotations from publications and books by other authors. This will help you develop your ideas, hypotheses and imagination. However, when quoting or presenting the ideas of someone else, you must mention in your work who you are quoting and provide a link. Plagiarism in competitive works is not allowed. The percentage of plagiarism should be no more than 20%.
The Organizing Committee has the right not to accept work that does not meet the requirements reflected in these Regulations, about which Participants are sent messages within 7 working days from the date of submission of the scientific work. However, these Participants are not deprived of the right to submit work again, if the deadline for accepting applications for the Contest has not expired.
*Requirements for architectural and artistic works When developing an architectural concept , it should be taken into account:
- functional tasks: comfortable conditions for the life and work of researchers in conditions of reduced gravity; greenhouse facilities for growing food; the possibility of unlimited expansion of the complex of inhabited premises; an effective communication system for moving inside the lunar settlement and delivering cargo between any premises; closed rooms for storing water, food, etc.; complete processing systems/cleaning of waste of vital activity and production; the possibility of overlapping (isolation) of the emergency room and providing emergency exits from it.
- technical and design requirements: the thickness of the dividing elements (walls, ceilings) between the inhabited premises and the open space is at least 2 meters with a material density of 2.5 g / cm3; the size of the transition vestibules between the inhabited premises and the open space is at least 2x2x2 meters.
- Bright and interesting architectural and artistic image.
The projects submitted by the authors for the competition must contain the following materials:
- perspective images;
- basic level plans;
- sketches of facades;
- section diagrams;
- Explanatory note 2-5 pages A4.
- materials on electronic media (each file is in JPEG format with a resolution of 300 dpi).
Provision of tender documentation by participants
- The exposition material is presented on no more than two 60X80 (cm) tablets on electronic media.
- The graphic presentation of the project involves the use of traditional materials of the architectural art school.
If you would like to clarify something, please write to us in English: email@example.com