Scientists, economists, financiers, programmers, writers, weather forecasters and just ordinary people — everyone is thinking about the future, near or far. However, young people are the main generator of change, represents the foreseeable future and they will have to form subsequent scenarios for the development of the country, civilization and the planet. In this regard, the Center for Modeling Future continues in 2020 the HORIZON 2100 Competition of scientific, scientific-practical, and science-fiction works.
Project working languages are Russian and English.
Priority objectives of the competition in 2020:
— Motivate minded youth from different countries with an active lifestyle to “turn on” their intelligence and:
- carry out a creative search for scientific ideas, hypotheses, science fiction ideas about the distant future at the turn of 2100;
- propose solutions to overcome the threats facing the world on the path to sustainable development until 2045;
- offer concrete ideas for building the Future and a positive vision of the sustainable development of mankind.
Youth, pupils and students aged 16 to 26 years of age carrying out research and / or science fiction literary creativity in the subject area of the Competition are invited to participate in the Competition.
The competition is held in three categories:
- For the best scientific article, research, scientific-practical work, reflecting the scientific vision of the future of the planet and humanity at the turn of 2100 and the prospects for the development of its various scenarios;
- For the best scientific, research, scientific-practical work or engineering start-up, aimed at overcoming the threats facing the world and / or building a sustainable future for humanity for the period up to 2045 (UN centenary year);
- For the best creative work — a science fiction story describing imaginary innovative and original ideas, fantastic events, phenomena, processes and future prospects at the turn of the year 2100, giving them a scientific explanation.
Dates of the Competition and planned events:
— Acceptance of scientific and creative works in the period from March 20, 2020 to May 31, 2020. Keep track of dates;
— conducting thematic offline and online “Dialogues about the future” (interactive meetings — foresights, debates, sense battles, hackathons) — April-June, 2020.
— examination of works — from June 1 to June 25, 2020.
— Definition of works-finalists who took prize I, II, III places — from June 26 to June 30, 2020.
— Announcement of the results of the Competition — July 1, 2020.
— The International forum «We shape the future together» in Moscow, where the winners will be awarded — July or August 2020. The exact data of the Forum will be announced after the normalization of the world situation with the pandemic of the coronavirus infection COVID-19.
— Participation of the Grand Prix of the winner of the “HORIZON 2100” Competition in the events of 75 of the UN General Assembly on September 21, 2020.
Detailed conditions for participation in the Competition:
For all questions of participation and cooperation in Russian, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all questions of participation and cooperation in English, please contact us by email — email@example.com